Welcome to this listing of upcoming pow wows for Minnesota.
If you are hosting a pow wow or simply know of one within the state of Minnesota,
let us know so that we can add it to this list.
Please check with the contact information before traveling,
to avoid problems with changes or inaccuracies in these listings.
Fond du Lac Ojibwe School Dagwaagin Pow Wow - Traditional
Cloquet and Duluth MN, MN. 49 University Road, Cloquet, MN 55720
Fond du Lac Ojibwe School
Women's Old Style Jingle Dress Contest Winners will receive 1st place$200, 2nd Place $100, 3rd Place $50
Men's Traditional Contest
Winners will receive 1st Place $ 200, 2nd Place $100, 3rd Place $50
Hand Drum Contest winner take all for $100.00
Head Dancers: Vanessa Northrup and Herb Fineday
Gathering for Our Children and Returning Adoptees Pow wow - Traditional
S. Saint Paul, MN. Minneapolis American Indian Center
Windy Downwind and Kirk Crow Shoe
Dancers! Please come dance and welcome our relatives back to our circle.
Dance for those who can’t.
Adoptees/formerly fostered individuals, birth relatives, foster parents, foster youth, adoptive parents and your children - this pow wow is for you............come and celebrate and let us celebrate with you!
1. Adoptees/formerly fostered individuals and birth relatives are invited to gather in the auditorium on the 2nd floor of the Indian Center. There we will meet and talk with other adoptees. We will meet at 11:00 a.m. - 2 hours before the 1:00 grand entry.
2. The ceremony for adoptees/fostered individuals and others who wish to be part of the ceremony, will be sometime in the afternoon session around 3:00.
3. The meeting room will be open again after the ceremony so we can process and talk about the ceremony or what ever else may be on your mind.
4. After all that you can go get your dance on at the pow wow.
5. Sometime after the evening grand entry there will be an honor song for all our Young Relatives who have experienced foster care.
6. There will be an honor song for all our foster and adoptive parents and their families.
November 27 - November 29, 2014
Thanksgiving Pow Wow* - Traditional
Minneapolis, MN. American Indian Center
Due to the wide sources of information, We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information listed here.
We will make every attempt to verify the accuracy before posting any information.
*Powwow listings courtesy of www.newsfromindiancountry.com